Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Self Reflection

This blog process has been a new one for me. I'm not a blogger by nature. I'm not a person to share my thoughts, my research on my interests let alone update them on a public display where people can put their input. It was a strange concept for me. It has also been a difficult but refreshing process for me.

First off choosing a topic was not the fun situation, but in the end I settled for alternative energy as the best of the worst in my case. Research was long and tedius but I learned way more than I expected. I never knew how much of a need there was for people to invest in alternative energy. I never realized the extint that the world, not just the United States, depended on oil. It was amazing to me. I also was excited by the advancements I found in the technologies of alternative energy. My favorite gadgets were the maglite which is powered by solar energy and the hymni which is wind powered. They're sleek little machines that power tools we use in our everyday lives but don't rely on oil as an original source.

This blog project also has increased me as a thinker. I can't say that I'm a completely unbiased person, but I've been forced to think that way in this project. I also can't say that I was a great success at it, but I put some effort into it. I've had to be able to dig deep into my thoughts to connect my information to the big picture and not to just be focused on my issue but to tie it into many other issues surrounding it. I believe I've grown as thinker but also I've become more informed as a citizen about the issues that are effects this country and I'm glad about it.

2 comments:

Energy4tomorrow said...

Sounds like it was a productive project for you. I am also new to blogging and shared some of the same challenges you did, especially with trying to be unbiased. I'm not sure I always achieved that goal - but like you, I definitely put the effort in! At the end of the day if you grew as a thinker, that's a great achievement.

Carter Wright said...

I appreciate that acknowledgement. And I'm glad that you were productive in your thinking also.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Gold Mining Companies. Powered by Blogger